1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg nog - ewwww, definitely hot chocolate
2. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like variety. One year I like white, the next I like red, the next I like variety . . . I have to have change.
3. Do you hang mistletoe?
Never have but I'll kiss ya anyway!
4. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever we find time after Thanksgiving
5. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
my grandma's refrigerator mashed potatoes, my Aunt Sue's date roll or anything mom makes!
6. Favorite holiday memory as a child: When Chris and I first walked down the stairs at Christmas and saw all the gifts Santa brought
7. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I honestly don't remember! I think one of my friends told me. Probably Mandy, Kori or Kara (I'll blame it on you guys!).
8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
nope, Christmas Day
9. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Different every year. This year it's colorful and kid-inspired
10. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it! I have fond memories of making snowmen with my dad, making tunnels with my brother in the huge drifts on the farm, making snow angels with Neil, trekking through the snow with Frankie, and so on. I love it but if it never snowed again, I think I'd be happy, too.
11. Can you ice skate?
I use to be able to!
12. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Probably my Barbie swimming pool or play kitchen - I played with them endless times. Gosh, I'm such a girly-girl!
13. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
getting together with friends and family, making new family traditions, baking goodies, and reflecting on the Reason for the Season
14. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Anything rich and chocolately! Mmmmmm . . .
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
From when I was younger it was the Advent Calendar, church Christmas Eve, and going to grandma's house. Today it's driving around looking at Christmas lights. Hope to make more traditions as our kids get older.
16. What tops your tree?
A bow (corny, I know, but we have a small fake tree this year)
17. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Of course I like receiving presents but I LOVE buying for other people, surprising them with something that I put a lot of thought into.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
O Come All Ye Faithful
19. Candy Canes! Yuck or yum?
I like them but I can only take so many. Prefer them in ice cream or atop my peppermint mocha coffee!
20. What Christmas gift do you hope to find under the tree this season?
The Sound of Music Anniversary Edition (Ok, i admit, it's my favorite movie!)
I added this one:
21. Do you say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"? Merry Christmas! I am so so so tired of the political correctness crap-ola. So not right in my opinion.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?