12.23.2006

Starting to get sentimental. Oh no.

Yes, it is happening. I am starting to get a little teary-eyed thinking about leaving this place. While it is the stinkiest city in America, it is my home and has been for 30 years. And the street I currently live on has been my home street for 6 years. I love it here. I love my old house full of character. I love my neighborhood. I love my neighbors. I love having a yard. I just love it. Anyway, I ran accross some pictures . . . one of Noah playing outside back in the summer and one of the beautiful street I live on. While there are so many things to look forward to living in Miami, there are some downfalls to leaving. One being having a yard for the kids to play in, the security of safeness and actually knowing (and liking!) my neighbors. Most likely we won't have any of those things when we move (maybe I'm not thinking positive enough, I don't know?).

But then I remember, it is only temporary and so I have these things to look forward to once again . . . Ahhh . . . I like that thought.


2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

((hugs)) You make some wonderful new memories.

Jen said...

I miss our street, too. You'll have a new street and new friends. It will happen. :)