12.11.2006

Train ride with Santa

So the ride started out fun. Noah and Maia loved the train itself. They got to see Santa, and again, like the past years, Noah won't go anywhere near Santa himself. And it wasn't anything like the train ride last year with Alexis, Chris and Sam. (I missed you, AJ!) We did have a nice time, though, until we were coming back and Miss Maia decided to throw the biggest tantrum I have ever seen out of a 1-year old! She wailed for, I'm not kidding, 20-30 minutes. It was misery. And I know for the people around us it was especially, but thank GOD we were at the back of the train and that the people were so patient and kind. We couldn't get off the train and we couldn't stand up. We didn't have her drink with us and we had no toys. It was basically "h e double-L". What did we do? Nothing. We ignored her. She would fling herself in the seat, her legs would be hanging over her head, her head would be burried in the seat, she was red, she was blue, she was covered in snot. Yeah, not pleasant. I am glad we can laugh about it now. That's all that matters in moments like those. She was fine, of course, as soon as we got there!. Sigh. . . Anyway, here are some pics before the episode occurred.










watching Santa walk away . . . in awe

6 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

And you are even wearing the same coat as last year!! **sniff sniff** Glad you had a good time (minus the Maia tantrum)

Corie said...

I'm glad y'all can laugh about it now too! What a memory! I am sure Maia will love to hear that one when she gets older! :)

A said...

Sounds like fun. I cannot believe such an adorable child could through a tantrum. I think your lying!

Unknown said...

Anissa, you are funy - you made me giggle. Unfortuately, I am not lying.

Michelle said...

Looks so fun!

Cute outfit, Miss Maia!;) At least she looked good before the incident!!

Jen said...

I don't believe it ! :)
Love the last pic....in awe of Santa. I miss being a kid.