1.04.2007

I might jinx it by even mentioning this . . .

but Noah has went accident-free for 36 straight hours now. All day yesterday he went pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty! In the potty! Not in diapers and not in his pants! I never thought this would happen! So I know we aren't out of the worry-free zone yet, but at least we've made this step - this huge step with Noah, who I have to say must be the most stubborn child alive. He is finally excited about it, proud of himself, and looks forward to the next time he gets to do it. Ok, so we have been using bribery, call us bad parents, but I have to say, whatever works, works!

Anyway, it just makes me really happy and proud. Something I need right now.

So cross your fingers that Noah can keep this up. It's been such a struggle and I honestly never ever thought I'd be posting about this. (Now I have to go find some wood to knock on . . .)

P.S. All you experienced mommies . . . when your child is first potty-trained, do you spend like every 10 minutes in the bathroom? He thinks he constantly has to go. I'll say, "no you just went, right?", and he smiles, then runs for the bathroom . . . again. So I'm not complaining, just wondering if this is normal? (I think it's the fact that he enjoys flushing the toilet . . . sigh . . . )

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Woo Hoo Noah!! great job give him big hugs from Jamie!! and yes unfortunatly you will be spending lots and lots of time in the bathroom. And then you have the entire public restroom experience ahead of you but don't worry you will survive that as well

Alexis Jacobs said...

WTG Noah!!!! And yes... bathroom obsessed. :-)

Cate said...

Ahhhh, that's great!

I'm not above using bribary for toilet training either. Whatever works, I say!

Leesha said...

High Five Noah!!! That is great news. Around my place when one goes potty in the bathroom it is an awesome event!!!!
Hang in there mom, it will get better:) Maybe, (finger's crossed) this will be exciting for lil' Maia too and she will follow ;)

Michelle said...

Way to go N man!! Big, happy news!!!