2.20.2007

Funky Summer 2005

I had yet another flash back in time when I ran across more pictures from the past while "organizing". I took them when I was still shooting film, and they reminded me again, how spontaneous & exciting film photography can be, yet also how much I miss it.

With this film, I used Kodak E-100, which is a slide film. I processed it as negative film, which does a a funky cross-processing to the film. And this kind of look is usually what I get, you just never know! I loved doing this with film and miss it. A friend of mine, Patty, showed me how to do this a few years back. She is a graduate student right now at SIU in photography. She has so many great secrets.

People ask why I am keeping my film camera. For 2 reasons - 1) It was my first "professional" camera and I carry lots of memories with that camera and 2) I can use film in it to create beautifully unusual pictures like these and it's EXCITING because you don't know how they will turn out until you see the prints. I can do this "look" with digital, but it takes a lot more time and it seems like the more time I spend on each picture to perfect and make it look like actual cross-processed film, the worse they look. So E-100 film I love and always will. And hence, my camera will always hold a very special place in my heart.

So, here are my pictures back from the Summer of 2005 when I was preggie with Miss Maia. We took Noah to the park that day in his cute brown wife-beater. We had a really fun afternoon. Ahhh . . . the memories . . . .






,

2 comments:

A said...

I love these pics Val! The last one is my favorite of you and Noah.

Cate said...

Love all the pictures!