7.20.2007

Happy Birthday Little Bro


Today is my little bros birthday. My only sibling he is. His name is Chris, and he is 29. I joke with him that I can almost actually say he is old, although he's been able to say it to me for over a year now.

Chris is in Kansas City, MO. He is a DJ there. He goes by the name DJ Smooth. I'm quite proud of him, actually, because he does really well at what he does. And it took him 28 years to figure out that this was something he was really good at, and was something he really enjoyed. But he needed to get away from home to find it. And he's doing so so well now. He's happy and that is the most important thing.

I'm very proud of him. He's been through a lot. And those of you who know him, know of the things he's struggled with (and past) his entire life. He's had so many huge hurdles to jump . . . most that you or I would never ever dream of having to get past. For myself, the things he has made it past are things that I think I'd still be struggling with or else I just wouldn't even be here because I wouldn't know how to keep on going. Somehow Chris has found that strength to get through it. He amazes me. And I am sure proud of him. He is so strong. Not just literally (he is a BIG boy) but mentally and emotionally too. I don't think he reads my blog, but if he does, more than anything I want him to know how proud I am of him.

Onto the pictures . . . the top one is Chris's hand with Maia's tiny little hand. This was the first time he got to see her. This picture right above are my kiddos with Chris's two girls. They are sweetie pies and I miss them so much also! I know their grandma misses them dearly. This next picture is one that I should be embarassed about, but I'm not. I love and adore it. All the best memories I have with Chris are those on the farm where we grew up. And this is one of those time. We loved being in our underoos! I'm glad mom caught it on camera!

This is Chris with Noah at his 1st birthday party. I think it's the only one I have on my laptop of Chris and Noah.


Happy 29th Birthday, Chris. Love you, and miss you TONS.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! You guys are cute in your underoos!

Val! I miss you! Are you online for real?!!

Unknown said...

a ~
YES for REAL! :) No joke! :)

I just probably can't read any blogs for a while bcz once I start reading I can't stop and I have a lot of catching up to do! I have to get back into my work first. But I may have to sneak a peak at you and a couple others . . . ;-)

Can't wait to "talk" to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day to your bro!

Science For Kids

Michelle said...

Hope he has (well, had!) a great birthday! I am glad that he is doing well!! :)

Unknown said...

Me, too, Chel :)

mama2dibs said...

Oh! I love my sisters, but sometimes I wish I had a brother.

Cerella said...

I remember Chris in Sunday school, he was always soo sweet! :) I hope that he had a wonderful birthday! The underoos pic IS way too cute for words!