3.27.2008

Our doggie

This may be silly to ask, but, would you please keep Frankie, our doggie, in your prayers today?

I just dropped her off this morning for a procedure to have her teeth cleaned. To do it properly, they have to put her to sleep. Frankie is a large dog and almost 11 years old. It's kind of risky, but she direly needs them cleaned as she has never had them cleaned before. She has major tartar in them and tartar can make a dog's lifespan shorter because it affects the heart and the liver. So we really need to do this.

They are suppose to call me when she gets out of surgery. I'll let you all know when I know something. Thank you ~~

** my update is, I have no update!! Grrrr.. I'm soooo nervous right now. I never thought I'd be so nervous but knowing how old she is and that she has to be put under, I just worry. She's one of our family! So they close at 5 and it's 3:15. You'd think they'd call by now. So I just keep waiting. If they haven't called by 4:00 I'm going to give them a holler. I guess I love my pooch more than I thought I did :c)

*** She is fine!! I had to call them (*rolling my eyes*) ~ she is all ready to go. So I'm off to pick her up. I can't wait to love all over her. :c)

13 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Will do! Poor Frankie.

Johanna said...

ABSOLUTELY not silly!!! It is no secret that our doggie is like a child to us, so I completely understand! We're thinkging about Frankie (and you :)) today!

LiLi said...

I hope Frankie comes through with flying colors and brilliantly clean teeth! ((hugs)) I love that crotch sniffin pooch!

Corie said...

Hope you've heard great news by now!!!

CW said...

I am glad he is OK. I remember when both my cats went under I was a wreck. I had such a nice vet though, when I called for Bella they were in the middle of her procedure and the nurse popped her head in to see how it was going for me. They called me at work right after Leo's surgery so I knew he was OK. Bella was a wreck when Leo was gone, she missed him.

I know how animals can be your family. I lost my 21 year old cat last summer and I cried and cried. Thank goodness it was when I was living at home and I was there with her when she passed.

ohAmanda said...

It's not silly! Glad he's ok!

Louise said...

Glad to hear he is okay!
It is not silly we just got our pup in August and we are already so attached to him although he does drive me insane sometimes!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Awww. I just read this. I am glad that Frankie handled the procedure well. And you are not silly at all.

Anonymous said...

So happy Frankie is fine. I love my doggie, Ursula...I understand.

Corie said...

Glad Frankie is home and getting lots of love and attention!!! :)

Unknown said...

And I her breath smells soooo good! Bonus!!

Unknown said...

I hear you, my friend.

I just posted about my baby girl Grendel a few posts back. She ended up going under to have SIX growths removed. They turned out to be aggressive Carcinoma and Melanoma.

We've added years back to her life, but my God, the worry while she was under was nerve-wracking. It took forever. They ended up taking her one day and waiting until the next day for surgery because it was going to take so long under anesthesia.

Hopefully, she's done with surgeries. I almost decided to let nature take it's course because I was so worried about shortening her life with the anesthesia, but in the end, it was the right decision.

Oh, and we had them clean her teeth too and remove any other growths they found while under.

Luckily, of the three growths they added to the remove list, one was a 4 year old CARCINOMA that 2 vets had told me was a mole.

When in doubt, and while she under, remove everything because yes, my friends, dogs do get skin cancer.

Jamie said...

Val I am so glad everything went well. Our Woo, is going to be 9 next Friday and I have noticed recently his breath has become unbearable. I have thought of doing this. Maybe I should follow your lead!