6.28.2008

This is me.



And this is what I've been doing a whole bunch of. Good thing, of course.

But it's crazy. Just got done proofing a wedding 5 minutes ago after spending literally 18 hours on it. One more to go. Then hopefully I can begin on some orders. (Hopefully.) Thankfully my clients have been patient with me. (Thankfully.)

Sooooo much going on. Let's see . . .

. . . weddings, shoots, swimming lessons, t-ball, proofing, entertaining (Erin & Jer, Lisa & Matt, and Erin
& Jer again -- yes, they are coming back!)
, helping Heather register for her bridal registry, planning Heather's bridal shower (first weekend in August), still going to Decatur to the chiro (although I've been really bad the last 2 weeks), stripping some old furniture and redoing it, keeping up with my gardens, a garage sale at my mom's . . .oh my, the list just goes on. I am sure all our summers are similar. But this is why I'm not blogging much and why I'm not being a good fellow blogging reader. I think we're all sorta in the same boat, eh?

Good thing for me, I'm having the best time. It's been the best summer ever. Lots of time with friends . . .I'm somehow finding some time to spend with my family . . .lots of eating out and lots of time spent outdoors. It's great.

That picture up there is the perspective of my husband and these pictures here are the the perspective of me. Enjoy the pictures and enjoy your summers! :c)

11 comments:

Missy!! said...

Great pics Val! :) I love how Neil takes pictures of you.. that is really cute! Yesterday Andy & I drove down toward St. Louis for a wedding.. and I saw something that made me instantly think of you.. popping out of the trees... http://www.catsupbottle.com/

Stacey said...

Fantastic post, Val. I'm so glad to read you're having a wonderful summer--and I'm inspired to get outside this evening now.

I know for certain I would NOT hire you to be my wedding photographer (if I had had a photographer, lol) What bride wants the photographer to be wayyyy more beautiful than she? Not sure I could take it, just sayin. xo

Unknown said...

Oh Stacey, you crack me up! I had to re-read your comment twice trying to figure it out. I'm a little "blond" sometimes! :) But what a compliment! So very very sweet. xo back at ya :)

Unknown said...

Missy,
I have seen that catsup bottle in person! I took a picture of it back when I was shooting film. I need to get back there and take some digitally and do some fun stuff with it post-processing --- maybe digitally put me sitting on the top of it or something?! :) How funny that you thought of me!! Very cute :)

Anonymous said...

I love that shot. It's such a cool perspective on your life. You obviously love what you do.

Deborah said...

very cool shot. sounds like you're having a great summer :)

ohAmanda said...

What a great picture! I love seeing you...be you! :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you have a picture of you working. Keeps you in good shape too..I think I'd fall over in that position :-)

Busy girl...take time to breath and smell the flowers too!!

Corie said...

Sounds like a busy summer for you! :)
I hope we get to see you in a little over a week...
And, how exciting that you get to see Erin and Jer, again!!!

Jennifer said...

I agree, I love Neil's perspective! I like seeing how your 'assistants' take photos of you when you're working ;0) You should post those more often too.

And the photos in the link...WOW you do such wonderful work. The colors are amazing and just seem to POP out at me!!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds like you are having a great summer. Things are going really well for you.

I miss you ((tears)).