11.07.2006

Allerton



Alerton Park has been a part of my life since I was a toddler. My parents took me for the first time when I was 3. My dad grew up going there as a college getaway when he was in school at the U of I (he tells me that they use to be allowed to walk on the brick walls back then!). And when Neil and I started dating 13 years ago, we went there all the time for peaceful walks and talks. I remember taking our first "baby", Frankie, the dog, out there one winter after a beautiful snow. We were the first to lay our footprints and it was just such an extraordinary vision. Now as a photographer, I take clients out there all the time for shootings. And today as a parent of two, we look forward to the rare chance we might have to take the kids out there to run and play. It's such a beautiful place. You can learn more about Allerton here and see Allerton attractions and artistic wonders here.

On this day there were hundreds of thousands of lady bugs all over. It was quite fascinating (but a little annoying, too!).

Daddy and Noah running through the green grass

A beautiful butterfly was attracted to Noah

Noah and myself looking at the big blue Fu Dogs

Daddy showing Maia the Fu Dogs - she wasn't quite sure about them!



Hanging out with Daddy . . .

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Looks like an awesome day!! Great pics.