2.21.2007

Self-portrait Challenge

(click on me to make me bigger!)
I had an idea to take pictures of my hair to show you since I just got it colored and love the results. Once I started snapping pictures, it got a little out of control. So with the pictures I took of myself with my new hair, I decided to muster up a collage. As I was doing it, I thought maybe I'd use one of the pictures as ny new "about me" picture, and then I thought I'd use the collage as a new header for my blog . . . I don't know. But what I did decide is that I would extend a challenge to all my bloggin' friends to do a self-portrait of themselves and post it in the next couple of days. Great idea, if I do say so myself!

You might think I used some fancy camera, but I didn't. Most of the pictures I put up here on Purple Valley are taken on my small Panasonic point-and-shoot. I swear, it's nothing fancy, but it does take pretty good pictures most of the time, and I know two of my bloggin' friends (and one non-bloggin' one who I wish would start bloggin') have the same exact camera. So my challenge is just that - to take a couple pictures of yourself, pick your favorite and then post it. I know Cerella will be up to this challenge as she gets camera happy a lot like I do! There's no prize except that maybe I'll link ya in my blog to my favorite self-portrait. And if you don't do one, I'm going to call you chicken. There's no reason not to. Believe me, there are plenty of things I don't like about my face, but that won't stop me from sharing my smile with you.

Now go get busy!

8 comments:

Chel said...

And I'm working to have as few pictures of me as possible... I can't seem to have one that doesn't make me all critical of myself.

Alexis Jacobs said...

I hate pictures of myself.

Unknown said...

Then why did you have me take pictures of you?! :-p :-p

Cerella said...

Oh, yeah! You KNOW I'm in!!!

Unknown said...

I knew you would be. Everyone else - pooey on them!

Leesha said...

I'll give it a try, Val. You are so carefree!

Corie said...

Val, I will give it a whirl this weekend. Oh, and just so you know, I think your pictures of yourself are beautiful! :)

LiLi said...

OK give me a bit, I'll do it! Shucks, does it have to be self? I really can't have Chewie do it for me? He's much better than I!