3.22.2007

I have to brag . . .

. . . . about my sis, Michelle. She is not only someone who just married into the same family as I did, but she is also a dear friend . . . a best friend. I would have picked her as a best friend even if we didn't have hubbies who were brothers. We share so much . . . our backgrounds (farm girls . . .small schools . . . close-knit friends and family . . .), we share Lake Sara (who would have thought?!), we share our love of dorky blue-eyed blond-haired skrony guys - oh wait, that's just Neil (hehe). We are almost the same person with the same morals, goals, sensitive feelings, and love for our children . . . life. But yet we aren't the same person and still respect each other for what we each are. I would have picked her out of a million other girls to be my friend, and luckily I got her without even trying, and as a sister! Thanks for the great birthday wishes and posting an entry just for me. What a fabulous belated birthday pressie. I'll take and extension of my birthday any day if that means I no longer have sick kids and can still have some ice cream and cake! (Can I use you as an excuse to go to DQ?) So sorry our sick kids kept us from seeing each other. . . . till next time! And you know we'll be talking to each other soon . . .

(pic above is me, Ashley - our other sister!, and Michelle taken in Hawaii in 2004)

5 comments:

Cate said...

Aw, that was so sweet of her! That's wonderful that you both married into the same family-- how fun!

Anonymous said...

sisters are awesome I love mine dearly and miss her she lives about 5 hours away from me

Michelle said...

Gee thanks! You are the greatest, really! I just love having a sister! :)

Corie said...

That's awesome that you are so close! I wish I was closer to my sil. :)
I'll have to pop on over to her page to see her post about you!!!

Alexis Jacobs said...

What a great SIL!