3.29.2007

I love hand-me-downs.

We're really lucky because Alexis gives us all of Samantha's old clothes. It's so fun when I get a big bag from her. It's like Christmas every time because you never know what cute things are hidden inside. She never expects a thing in return for them, either. She's just glad to give them away to someone who will make use of them (and she gets them out of her house!). It's so fun receiving them from her and Sami (thank you, Alexis!), but I have even more fun giving.

I have a close dear friend, Katie, who had a daughter last year almost on Maia's 1st birthday. So I send her boxes of Maia's old clothes when I can. I sift through them and pick out my favorite little outfits. While I do keep some of her old clothes because I can't fathom getting rid of all of them, I do give a lot away, too. Katie always gets first grabs, because, well, she is Katie! I know she cherishes them a lot. And it's such a nice feeling knowing that someone I care so much for can dress her little girl in the same clothes that my little girl wore. I am just really sentimental like that. I hope it's a tradition I can carry on till the girls are 18! How neat would that be??

Katie and her little dootlebug sporting a springy watermelon dress
on their trip to Florida last week. Isn't she a doll?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

We had the exact same watermelon dress! Thanks to a pass down from Miss Ava A. :) Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

I have friends who do the same thing for us :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

Hand me downs are the greatest. It's like Christmas in every box.