I'm going to call these kinds of posts, "trail mix" posts because trail mix is comprised of lots of bits and pieces of stuff, some of it yummy and some of it not-so-good (at least in my opinion). That's basically what my "bits and pieces" or "random thoughts" are, but "trail mix" is just so much cuter.
Today's trail mix thoughts . . .
- My children like to be naked. Even when it's 35 degrees outside. And I let them. (Is this just a kid thing or are mine messed up?)
- (Parenting brag) Maia told me she needed to poop today and she then pooped on the potty again. If only she'd tell us when she had to pee-pee. Arg. She did tell me later today that she wanted to wear "big boy underwear". Is that funny or what?!
- I still haven't called my last client. I'm too nervous. (I need some encouragment! It's the lady in town who owns the fancy restaurant and it just sorta makes me really really realllly nervous)
- (Parenting help) Noah is starting to talk back a lot. Isn't it too young for talking back? How do you put a stop to it?
- We got new beds delivered last Friday. They were birthday gifts to my son and husband. What's so nice is, I get to take advantage of this super duper great gift of Neil's! We went from a full to a king, and man, is it fabulous. I have slept the best I have slept in probably 20 years. Thanks, Martha and Bill! Noah really thanks you, too. He's been wanting to go to bed early just so he can sleep in his new big boy bed. He loves it. (And we love that, also!)
- I got to visit my friend, Lindsday, Sunday night. She and the new baby are doing so well. Caelin Scott (they call him "Cael") was born on Neil's birthday, October 22nd. He is so adorable and just the best baby! And guess what?! My losing of her maternity pictures has inspired her to maybe possibly try for baby #4 just so she can get the maternity pictures that she's never had. Oh!, and hopefully, maybe, also give her the chance to be a mommy to a baby girl! Check out how cute Lindsay and Cael are.
And . . . do you remember the pregnant hick who was at my halloween party with tattoos and cigarettes? This is her! Isn't she pretty?! So many people asked me what she looked like in real life and when I told that to Lindsay, she laughed. I don't think she'd mind my posting her pictures for you to see her "before" and "after". Actually, she'd probably appreciate my showing you ;)
Hehe . . .she SO played it up! She was awesome!!
- Please keep my friend, Erin, and her family in your prayers. Her father had surgery yesterday to remove part of his jaw due to a cancerous area. He made it through but will have a long recovery (Thinking of you, Erin dearest.)