10.17.2007

Wordless Wednesday ~ Better late than never . . .




Last Friday was this mommy's very first ever field trip; and as a chaperone. It was really fun but I have to say I won't volunteer for one of those again for a while ;c)

There were so so so many people there -- we went to a pumpkin patch with hundreds of other kids doing the same thing -- so our kids, being some of the smallest, kinda just blended in. It was hard keeping track of them and having had Maia with us, it made it even more hectic. Bless my friend, Nikki, who went as a chaperone with her 8-month old daughter and 2-year old son! We did have a great time, though, especially Noah and Maia. The kids (all of them) were so so so good and the day was perfect for them.

The best thing for me was seeing my son interact with his friends. He is definitely a follower and was almost always at the back of the pack of boys, but was always willing to keep up and always had a big smile on his face doing so. I can still hear him saying "wait for me, guys!!". It was so sweet! And to see him run through the patch in search of the perfect pumpkin, that was so memorable, too. He'd say "Look at this one, guys!". He is just the proudest little guy and has such a big heart for his friends. As a mother, you love to see that. It just grabs at my heart.

And then there was Maia. She was at the very end of the pack as a straggler. She so wants to be in preschool like her big brother. She calls all the other kids her "friends" (however, it sounds like "fends"). She and her little boyfriend, Isaac, who is also (just turned) 2, had the very best time trying to keep up with the fun, very busy, inquisitive preschoolers.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. Here's to many more chaperoning trips ~ I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing??This will be one of my favorite memories. Watching him run and run and run. The pumpkin fields seemed to be endless and were like Heaven on Earth for a child who loves to run and explore.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like everyone had a great time! I wish I could have seen them running around! Ha ha, you are a chaperone first!!!!

MP said...

We ususally just go as a family; this Saturday though we're going with the Cub Scouts..should be interesting. I agree though one of the best is watching the kids interact with each other. I don't know about you but I keep trying to stretch my memory and remember how I interacted at such a young age.
ps..it's just wrong going to a pumpkin patch when it's hot outside :-(

Michelle said...

Looks like a great fall treat! How fun!

I must say that as a teacher, field trips were not one of my favorite things--I'm sure you can understand why!! ;) But, the kiddos love them!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so fun! Looks like a great place for a field trip. I haven't had to do field trip chaperoning yet...ugh, not really looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Oh so adorable!!!! I want to go to that cute pumpkin patch too!! :) They are so sweet, Val. You're a great mommy. I hope you are saving all of those adorable outfits of theirs (and are willing to one day share) ;) hehe.

ohAmanda said...

Sweet sweet pics! I love it.

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo's!