4.30.2008

Southern Belles & Prairieland Girls


It was my dear friend, Jen's, little girls 2nd birthday last week. And I missed being a part of that celebration. Addison Jayne is 6 months to the day younger than Maia. I so wish I could have been there with her as Jen threw Addy her 2nd birthday party. I miss them both so much and Maia misses the friend she's not really ever gotten to know (or wait, I guess it's mommy who is sad because she's never really gotten to know her). But being she was hundreds of miles away down yonder in Hattiesburg, MS, well, it was kinda hard to make that trek. I cried when I saw the pictures on Jen's blog of Addison's birthday. It is so hard to see your friends move away. It's so hard to see their children grow up so fast. So hard. I miss them direly. Jen is one of those true friends who no matter the time or distance, will always be that same amazing wonderful friend. And that is a blessing.

Wanna hear some spectacular news?! No more tears welled up in my eyes! FRIDAY I GET TO SING ADDISON HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN PERSON. Addy and Jen are coming HOME!!!!!!!!!! Friday Jen and Addy are making their way here and they're staying all night with us! You know why this is more than very exciting? Because I remember when I had to say goodbye to Jen and I asked when she'd be back and she said "I'll probably never be back here, Val."

Saturday we're spending our day uptown here. Maia gets to play with Addy (Addy was just a couple months old when they moved) and Jen and I get to play catch up. It's going to be the best 24 hours in a long long time. But, only 24 hours. Wahh. I have to make the most of it.

So much to do, so little time. So why am I online? Because writing about it helps me get my bearings straight. It's like talking out loud to a friend. I need to clean clean clean and make some food . . . a cake maybe for Addy? I thought I'd have some fresh fruit and muffins for them . . . but I don't know if we're doing dinner out or not, so I'm not sure whether to plan for any big meals. Hmmmm . . . I went and bought some new pillows for the girls sleep on. They'll be staying in Noah's room in his bed. (We'll move Noah downstairs.) There won't be any big room transformations like what my amazing fabulous designer friend did for her guest, but at least I have a real bed for them and not a couch or mattress on the floor (*wink, Erin*). Oh, I just remembered, I do need to go out and get some tequila. Margaritas are Jen's fave. I'm sure we'll need one or two of those. ;c)

Anyway, obviously I need to get my derriere in gear. I have a brand new newborn shoot tonight which I am so excited about, so I need to concentrate on preparing for that the rest of the morning. So then I will only have about a day to prepare for my dear friend's arrival. Wish me luck. I want to give them a great impression of Illinois again so maybe they'll . . . move back??? Hopefully I can come up with something better than fresh crawfish and the ocean breeze. :c)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

sounds so good....have fun! this is something i don't do enough of, but with 4 it's soooo hard.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so excited for you!!! You are going to have so much fun. Don't stress yourself out, just enjoy EVERY SINGLE MINUTE!!! That's so awesome that you get to spend time together again.

Candi said...

Oh--I do hope you have fun. It is so hard to be so far from friends. Two of my best friends' husbands are in the military (as was mine), so one is in Italy and the other is in Hawaii.

Michelle said...

Have a great time! I'm so sure that you will!

Corie said...

What exciting news Val! :)
Have a great time with your friend!

Stacey said...

Okay THAT's a fun time...good for you! I sure wish you were my bud, what a terrific time I'd have with you. xoxo

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

I'm so happy for you that you get to spend time with your friend. I really miss my best friend who lives in St. Thomas. Treasure your time and make the memories count.
Jenn

Alexis Jacobs said...

Glad that you guys got to spend some times together. :)

ohAmanda said...

Val, how fun! I think you have the best friends--you are always raving about the spectacular friends you have. I think it's b/c you attract people like you! You are a good friend! ;)