6.10.2008

Saturday in Chicago (recap of the day)

As I proof zillions of pictures, I must take a break to share some of my favorites.

Saturday in Chicago, Johanna met me at the apartment at 8:30 a.m. We took a taxi to Millennium Park where we met our first family at 9:00. It went awesome despite the no clouds and very hard morning light. It's hard to complain about beautiful weather, but for perfect-o photos, you really need some overcast. Ah well, at least we had the sunny warm day. It all went perfectly regardless because that's where the sun filter came in that Jo got to hold. (After an incident, the "demon filter", as we ended up calling it.)

At 10:30 the 2nd family arrived. At 12:30 our 3rd family arrived with lunch for us. (Thank you again, Katie and David!) We sat and had a picnic with them and then I shot 'em at 1:00. At 3:00 was my final family. When Johanna and I were finished, my hubby and kids, along with Johanna's hubby, Jason, came out to meet us at Millennium Park. If you have never been to Millennium Park and you have a chance to go to Chicago, you must go there. It's just a really phenomenal place no matter what season.

After walking all over the shoreline of Chicago, Grant Park and Millennium Park for 8 hours, Johanna and I were pretty tuckered out. We thought playing in the fountains at the park would be a great ending to our day. (We both worked so very hard. She was the best assistant in the world and we had just a really wonderful time working together. Oh and we were red. Very red. We totally forgot that we'd be in harsh sun all day long, therefore, we forgot the sunscreen. Our bodies reaped our mistake!)

Jason, Neil and the kids arrived. The kids with their swimsuits on, and the big boys just looking their always cute selves. The kids (Noah and Maia) weren't hesitant at all to join in all the fun. They did and it was just the cutest thing for this mommy to see. Here's some pictures from our evening.

Thank you again, dear Johanna. Love you!

Here's the beautiful view we saw part of the day: Lake Michigan, shot south of Navy Pier

Our cutie boys:
our big boys

Jason and Johanna still dry in this picture. You can see the whole series from dry to soggy wet at my flickr site. They're cute pictures that you must see :)
still dry!

And after:
i think they loved it :)

soggy wet smooch

The kids try out the water, and as you can see on their faces, loved it.

We never have family pictures. Jo shot it, and I love it, despite the fact that I think Maia has to pee :c)
Us, the C's

I love this one, too. Jo also shot it. Way to go, girlfriend! daddy & son

This is also a favorite because of the kids' expressions and their reflections in the water. This one merits being printed! (Jo again!)
My adorable hubby with our sweet dumplins :c)

After playing in the water, we went with Jas and Jo to their house in Lincoln Square area (still the city of Chicago . . . just a "neighborhood" that is super cute and trendy). Then we walked to dinner at The Daily (in Lincoln Square)
Lincoln Square, Chicago

and had the opp to shoot some cute pictures there and eat some rockin' food. I love my Jo:

..me and jo..

Our feet which were dressed alike (unplanned). I don't even hesitate to take shots like this with Jo because we are identical in how we think so taking odd pictures like this one comes au naturale to us.
playing footsie

As does this one:
Ketchup and tot
Yes, it's a tot to go along with my ketchup :c) Only you all would understand :c)

The kids were SO hungry because by the time we ate it was like 8:00 or something. Noah was so patient. SO patient. I love how (most of the time) this virtue sticks with him.patience is a virtue
I love his freckle. His little signature birth mark :c)

And to end . . . Maia and a tomato. I think I've mentioned before that this is her favorite food. She'd eat it at every single meal if I had them on hand all of the time. Watch out if you have one on your plate because you'll have no choice but to give it to her.
Tomato Child

Many more posts to come about Chicago (as I get through proofing all the sessions) along with my wedding over the weekend. Which, thankfully ended up GREAT! The weather was perfect and I haven't had such a great time at a reception in a LONG time.

Oh, and I have some exciting news to share tomorrow. Stay tuned! :c)

10 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

wonderful photos of what looks like a wonderful time :)

Jen

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

your photos make me smile :)

jen

Michelle said...

Great pictures! Looks like everyone had a great time! Can't wait to go up there with you all!:)

I have a real good hunch on the exciting news you are going to share! ;)

Anonymous said...

You know what that means if Maia loves tomatoes, don't you? She's going to be a ketchup fanatic like her mama! : ) That's awesome! The pictures are adorable. It looks like you had such a great time.

Exciting news?!? What? Oh, I can't wait.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Jen!

Chel, I can't wait either!

Erin, I know . . .:) And it's already became apparent. :) With Noah as well.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Looks like a great weekend! And exciting news? Can't wait!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

I LOVE these pictures Val. Definitely frameworthy of the one of your hubbs and kids and their reflection in the water.

Louise said...

Awesome pictures!
Looks like a blast!
Finally some of you in there too..you hottie you ;)
Have a fantastic weekend!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look like you had a great time Val. We actually live up the street from the Daily. What a small little world!