8.23.2008

What is life?

WHAT IS LIFE?

Life is an Adventure ... Dare it
Life is a Beauty ... Praise it
Life is a Challenge ... Meet it
Life is a Duty ... Perform it
Life is a Love ... Enjoy it
Life is a Tragedy ... Face it
Life is a Struggle ... Fight it
Life is a Promise ... Fulfill it
Life is a Game ... Play it
Life is a Gift ... Accept it
Life is a Journey ... Complete it
Life is a Mystery ... Unfold it
Life is a Goal ... Achieve it
Life is an Opportunity ... Take it
Life is a Puzzle ... Solve it
Life is a Song ... Sing it
Life is a Sorrow ... Overcome it
Life is a Spirit ... Realize it

Life is meant to be enjoyed. As much as possible, anyways. It's way way way too short not to. Of course we all have bad days but in the mist of those, we must remember that life is beautiful, an adventure, a gift. We weren't put here by accident. We all have a purpose. We may not know that purpose or understand it or in our eyes, we may never find it, but I guarantee we've all found it but maybe just don't see it. Anyone who would try to argue with me that our life is not a blessing, a gift from God, I would be happy to argue. I'd probably win. That may be brash, but I don't care. I know 99% of the people I know and care about would stand behind me. It's great to realize and know how lucky we are, isn't it? To have that assurance even when we aren't at our best. It's so strengthening.

Having been through some challenging times as of late, I've opened my eyes to this more. Just how much of a gift my life is. Even through the tests, waiting on the tests, the panic and anxiety, I've still been able to see this. There's always someone out there hurting more I am. Always. Just while I have been going through my unexplained high blood pressure and symptoms, a good friend of mine has had a big set back in her life. My problems don't even come close. Her husband was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer. They're young. They don't have babies yet. And they so direly want babies. They were in the middle of an adoption process when J was diagnosed. And a colleague of Neil's, just 31 years old, was diagnosed a couple months ago with stage IV colon cancer. She and her husband have an 8-month old baby. So yeah, life can definitely be worse. I am thankful for my life and thankful for these friends' lives. I hope and pray and pray some more than C & J can get through this very very difficult time as he goes through surgery and then chemo. My thoughts and prayers are always with the M family as well.

I shot a picture a few weeks ago as I was leaving a shoot in rural Illinois. It made me think about life, about how beautiful everything about it is, and how thankful I am for it and the gifts it brings along the way.


No comments: