2.15.2007

My Organizational Finds

So, if you know me well, you know that I have a disorganization problem. Neil is convinced it stems from even before my mom (sorry, Mom, but I do have your genes), but also from my grandma W on the other side of the family, so I am blessed with this "disease" from both chromosomes. But I have to tell you, I am trying to beat this illness. I have gotten great packing advice from my biggest organizational inspirations, Sara, Alexis, Michelle and Natalie. I'm honestly not even sure why I like these girls because I am totally envious of their organizing and it drives me mad, but I keep thinking that maybe God placed them in my lives to help make mine flow easier. (hehe, we all know you are for more than just that, but it really is a good observation, eh?)

Anyhow, I stumbled upon something online today and quickly purchased it. I feel anything at this point, that helps aid in my organizational attempts, is a well-spent purchase. So this is what I ordered:And this organizing attempt for me has to begin somewhere, so I am starting with my purse. This here is basically a wallet on a strap so that if I want to run in someplace without my purse, I can do it and just throw it on my wrist. I love it and am so excited to get it!

And I couldn't pass this up, either, a diaper/wipe organizer. And I realize that Maia won't be in diaper for (I hope) much longer, but I am sure I can find other uses for it once she no longer needs them. (This would have came in really handy when I ran into a store with Maia having a dirty diaper in the dead of freezing winter, with a diaper in my purse but forgetting the wipes. Ughh. . . gross, toilet paper just does not cut it.)


These awesome things all come from Fanci Free, which can be found on numerous websites such as these: littledudesanddivas, ebags, and Bella Baby Boutique.

And then, this is how much Natalie knows me. For Christmas, Nat got me a cell phone carrier. It not only protects it from fatal crashes (like water!) but it also can hook onto most anything, like jean belt loops, purse straps or fingers. It's awesome! And this is it:
Isn't it cute? I love love love it. Although I have still found myself just dropping my $600 (I say $600 after having to replace it from stupid preventable accidents twice in 1 month!) cell phone in my purse. I need to now figure out how to stop myself from just spontaneously doing this and instead taking a whole 2 seconds to put it where it belongs. This, my friends, is where my problems begin. If anyone has any organization advice they'd like to offer dear Val, please please please don't hesitate to!

And you can purchase this lovely Phonepocke (above) at these fine places online: shoptrendigirl, strapya-world, and good ol' Amazon.

6 comments:

Cerella said...

Lovin' the wallet! Just to let you know...Bellasera has some SUPER cute cell phone holders coming in. We just ordered a bunch at market. I have a really cute one but I can't use it anymore because it fit my OLD cell phone. Maybe I'll knit a new one. ??? MAYBE being the key word! I'll keep ya posted!

Alexis Jacobs said...

I love the wallet. I am in the market for a new one you know :)

Jennifer said...

Hey, My advice to you would be CALL OPRAH!! Maybe she will send her crew over, ORGANIZE everything..and then you keep it up!..hahah

I'm so over organized, I don't know what it is NOT to be organized...I think I need help for my sickness as well..any advice for Dear Old Jenn???

Love the purses though...

Michelle said...

All so cute!! Don't you just feel more organized by getting them? :)

LiLi said...

Oooooo, organization BAFFLES ME! I need to invite Alexis up so she can HELP ME ORGANIZE, I really need help... we have an IKEA close, hmm... maybe she can steal away and go shopping with me then help organize ... it's a thought!

OK, I want the cell phone ditty! That thing is AWESOME! I'm forever losing mine OR calling people when I toss it into my diaper bag, so people end up with random messages from my phone. Or talking to dead air if they answer when my phone calls them.

The wallet is beautiful! I hope it works out great for you. AND on the diaper thingy... when I took Maegs to Disney in 2005, I would take 3 diapers and a pack of wipes in a little tote (about the size of the thing you bought)... It was perfectly handy and fit in the back of her stroller easily. Those things are a God send!

I'm always looking for organizational ideas as well... maybe would should do a blog contest and get as many people as possible to blog about their best organizational items and ideas... hmmm!

I love your blog!

Leesha said...

Those are too cute. I love the diaper and wipey bag.

I'm always looking for something like that since it doesn't ever seem like I'm going to be baby free anytime soon. LOL One of my mom's is prego again!!!