3.10.2007

Whitney Gaskell


I have to plug a friend of mine, Whitney Gaskell. She is amazing for more reasons than one.

Here is reason #1:

I met Whitney about 5 or so years ago, at the same place I met Alexis; online at Storknet. She's one of my lifesaving friends who helped dig me out of the trenches while I tried my best to do the same for her. Problem is, while I went through some rough stuff, nothing compares to what she and Alexis went through with losing their sweet infant babies, so I don't completely understand what they went through. They are both, in my eyes, true heros. A sort of mother no one wants to be but admires greatly for their love and immense strength. I don't know how any woman could survive what they went through, but they did, and still keep on going like Energizer bunnies . . . in their own lives, but in others' lives by fulling supporting people like me in my walk as a mommy, two things I don't think I could do if I were them.

Reason #2:

Whitney works very hard. She went to school to become a lawyer but ended up as an author. And one mighty fine (and funny) one. She writes chick lit and it's fabulous! Her books are so witty, yet so true-to-life. Her characters are each so unique but I feel like I can relate to most all of them in one way or another. Her latest, the 5th book, is about to come out in August titled Mommy Tracked. I can't wait to read it. She is a mommy to Sam, a sweet, adorable, energetic little boy the same age as my Noah. She's a professional mommy so I can't wait to see what she has came up with in this new book as a professional author. Being in graphic design, I loooooove this cover. She told me a while back that she never knows what the covers are going to look like. She seems very pleased with this one. I think it will fly off the shelves not only because of the attractive cover and also because of who she is: Whitney Gaskell, famous author at large!

Way to go, Whitney! As a friend, as a fellow mommy of a 3-year old, as an avid reader of your books, I have to say, I'm proud of you! You can catch more of Whitney at her website, Whitney Gaskell, or at Literary Chicks, another blog she is a writer for.

I am pretty sure you can pre-order the new book at Amazon. You can also buy any of her current books at a bookstore near you. I've bought all of mine at Barnes & Noble. (And here's Alexis and my secret - shhhhhh: when we see her books at B&N or the like, we take a stack of them and put them on the Best Sellers table. Are we bad or what?!)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I will have to put it on my to read list! I always love a good recomendation! :)

Cate said...

I think the cover for her new book is hilarious too. :)

Unknown said...

Cait, I know, isn't it?! What's funny (or not so funny) is that I've been one of those women sitting on the couch with a drink in my hand. Omg, am I admitting to that?! I can only admit to that with Alexis admitting it to because she has been the one there by my side! :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

Hey Val are you calling me a drinking parent. No. Never. Not me. (As I take a drink of my beer)

I.heart.whitney. I am so excited this cook is coming out TWO months earlier than her other ones. Also, Whitney is coming out with a YA book. Of course we will have to get it and read. After all we have to make sure what our girls will be reading one day is any good.

Unknown said...

Alexis . . . nahhhhhhh. . . .

Where's Whitney, btw? I wonder why she hasn't stopped by?