5.14.2007

Gone, gone, gone for a week.

Hubby left for Hershey, PA (to meet with Hershey, actually! I told him he better bring me back something chocolate-y!), then to New Jersey and then to CT!

I so hate it when he leaves. It was really hard for him this time. Not sure why except that Maia has really been attached to her daddy lately and I think that's a big part of it. He also hasn't traveled for a while. I think the last time was when we all got the Rotavirus (not good memories with that one!). Thankfully we're all healthy this bon voyage. I hope Neil stays that way. He should get his results back from the heart test this week sometime. I just pray it's all okay since he'll be gone when they come back in.

So, it's going to be a long week. We have a few days planned out . . . like mom is coming over Tuesday night for dinner and to watch AI with us (and I may see if she'll go for our evening walk with us also) and then Wednesday morning we're going to go see Grandma Martha and maybe we can get her to take us to see the new baby -- her son, Brandon's wife, Sarah, is having their baby by c-section on Tuesday -- a girl! Thursday I might be shooting a senior portrait, and some time we have to go to the fish store to buy some new fish for our pond and I'm sure somewhere in there we'll make a trip to Starbucks and Target ;c)

Ok, I'm just blabbing now. I just really do not like it when he is gone. Makes me sad, makes the kids sad. Makes us realize what all he does do when he is here and how much we love him and how hard it is when he is gone. Neil is truly the best husband and daddy ever.

As you know, we went to Chicago a few weekends ago. We went to the Museum of Science & Industry and got this really neat-o picture taken when we were there. It cost us $20 (!), but to me, to have a family portrait for once (!), it's so worth it! The kids look star-struck, but I love it anyway. Our first family portrait (at a museum of all places - haha!) in a whole year!

Oh, and yep! That's me with a Starbucks! ;c)

12 comments:

Leesha said...

Hope you and the kids make the best of your week without "daddy". I'm sure he will be missed a lot.

Erin said...

That's a sweet picture. Never see you all together. Hope you can keep really busy and the time flies while he's gone! (((hugs)))!

Anonymous said...

So cute!

*Whew* A week without DH! That's rough. We're here for you! I'd love to go to Target and *bux with you!

Tracey said...

Hope your week goes smoothly and that all his tests turn out fine. Enjoy your special time with the kids while he's gone!

Anonymous said...

Just think how sweet the reunion will be when he comes home!

Chel said...

The kids and I are always going to the Starbucks and the Target. I'm so silly... they've both already got Starbucks favorites!

Cate said...

Oh, I know what you mean; I hate it when Joe's gone too. :(

I like to do things he hates while he's gone, like rent movies I know he has no interest in seeing and I kind of enjoy one or two nights of solitude. But a week is too, too long.

Michelle said...

I'm right there with ya...don't like letting those boys travel! Hope you have a great week-- sounds like you have lots of fun outings planned! :)

Great pic of you all!

Anonymous said...

safe travels to your hubby

hope the week goes by fast so you can all reunited again quickly

Alexis Jacobs said...

Good luck this week. Traveling DHs stink!

Corie said...

Val, here's to a quick week! :)

A said...

I wish we lived closer because we could hang out this time of year. M is gone all the time in the summer too. Mostly because he roofs so I can stay home and attend school but it does get lonely. When we have all that teacher time off in the summer we are stealing your kids for a weekend!